The Legend of Santa
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Android
FREE DEMO BELOW!
*The current version of the game is a demo that contains one level and shows a small picture of what's to come. The paid download contains a local co-op multiplayer mode, with up to four players, while the free download is single-player only. The finished game is planned to have multiple worlds, each with several levels and branching paths, along with many enemies, traps, and power-ups.
Christmas is just a few days away... and while Santa is out on a trial run in his sleigh, the evil South Pole Troll and his army of Penguins invade the North Pole!
On the way back to his workshop, Santa is blasted out of the sky by one of his very own North Pole defense cannons and is sent spiralling far-off into the distance.
Now Santa must find his way back home, defeat the Troll, and save Christmas!
The Legend of Santa can be played using a controller, the keyboard, or touch controls, but we do recommend using an official Xbox controller. Although any controller using XInput should work, there's no guarantee the button mapping for non-official controllers will always be correct. Since there isn't yet an in-game button mapping screen, so please consider using another software, like JoyToKey (https://joytokey.net/en/), to map your controller's buttons to the keyboard assignments below if your controller isn't compatible.
Move and Duck:
- Xbox Controller: Dpad or Left Stick
- Keyboard: WASD or Arrow Keys
Jump (hold for higher jumps) and Respawn (multiplayer):
- Xbox Controller: A or B
- Keyboard: Spacebar or Z
Run (hold) and Use Power-up:
- Xbox Controller: X or Y
- Keyboard: X or Shift
- Xbox Controller: Start
- Keyboard: 1
- Xbox Controller: A
- Keyboard: Spacebar or Z
- Xbox Controller: B
- Keyboard: X or Shift
COLLECTIBLES IN DEMO
- Cookie: Collect 100 for an extra life.
- Hat: An extra life.
- Outfit: Fills health.
- Stocking Full of Coal: Endless supply of coal that can be thrown at enemies.
- 1-4 players (requires compatible controllers for multiplayer)
- Controller, keyboard, and on-screen control options
- Classic 256x224 and widescreen 384x224 in-game resolutions
- Pixel-perfect, crisp and blurred display options
- Multi-language options (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Dutch, and Polish)
*Level design and difficulty is based on single-player, using a controller, and a 256x224 in-game resolution.
Streamlined, intuitive multiplayer
- Up to four players simultaneously.
- No bumping into or bouncing off other players.
- Respawn at will with a simple button press.
Simple, tight, responsive controls
- Snappy acceleration, jumping, and turning around.
- No jumping from walls or slow falling next to walls.
- No input accidents while running over tile-wide gaps - pressing jump will always jump.
- No screen freezes when collecting power-ups or getting hit.
- No screen freezes when dying, especially in multiplayer.
- No input accidents due to screen freezes.
WINDOWS INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Download a zip labeled "Windows" and unzip
- Run “The Legend of Santa Demo.exe”
- Trust software if prompted. May require clicking "More info" and then "Run anyway"
MAC INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Download a zip labeled "Mac" and unzip
- Run “The Legend of Santa Demo.app”
- You may need to go to Settings/Security & Privacy and check "Anywhere" under "Allow apps downloaded from" to be able to run the game. Unfortunately, some versions of MacOS do not display this setting by default and may require additional steps.
ANDROID INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Download an apk
- If not prompted to install, install the apk using an app such as "File Manager"
- Run “The Legend of Santa Demo”
- Any feedback you have will be greatly appreciated!
- The translations for non-English languages were made by me using translation software. If anything in a translation is incorrect, please feel free to let me know!
- The demo download with local co-op multiplayer charges a price to maintain "The Legend of Santa" as a trademark .
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Genre||Adventure, Action, Platformer|
|Made with||Paint.net, Unity, Audacity, Tiled|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, Christmas, Cute, Multiplayer, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Latin America, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Touchscreen|
|Player count||1 - 4|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Play-Through Video!10 days ago
- Two more languages added!16 days ago
- Multi-Language Support!22 days ago
- Hot Cocoa Hazard!88 days ago
- Improved Joystick AccuracyApr 22, 2022
- Android and Mac versions launched and Windows version updated!Apr 15, 2022
- Demo 1.2 Released!Apr 09, 2022
- Title Screen Update!Jan 04, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.